Here are some basic Questions and Answers regarding our Church.
- What time is Sunday Service? We have Sunday school classes for everyone from preschool on up that start at 9:45 am. Worship service begins at 11:00 am.
- What is Pine Grove Church like? Our church is a friendly, welcoming congregation. We are a small, country church and very much embrace the idea of a “church family”. You will be welcomed at the door by a smiling face and a warm handshake. Please come as you are; we have no formal dress code.
- What does a typical Sunday at Pine Grove Church look like? We start it all off with Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. After Sunday School we gather for a service that is a mix of traditional and contemporary worship. We also offer coffee throughout the morning.
- What about my kids/youth? Your children have a place of honor at our table! We have Sunday School classes starting with preschool age through senior high where they will be challenged each week with age-appropriate teachings by our caring volunteers. During worship service we have a nursery staffed by volunteers. Each Sunday during worship service we have a Jr. Church session where kids from age 4 to 12 years old are released for a lesson that often includes songs, crafts, snacks and games. We have Jr. High and Sr. High Youth programs that meet regularly as well as special events for families and youth throughout the year.
- What does Pine Grove Church Believe? The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation to all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus become children of God.
That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the B0dy of Christ of which He is the Head.
That only those who are, thus, members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
In the personal premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Pine Grove Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America, Please click the following link to learn more about the Evangelical Free Church of America http://www.efca.org/explore/what-we-believe.
Where is Pine Grove Church located?
Pine Grove Church is located at:
480 N Pine Grove Rd
Stanton, MI 48888
For a map and directions please click here: